Holy Week Missions
Time & Location
About the Event
Holy Week Missions is a world-wide movement driven by young adults and teens to spread the Gospel and serve those in need during Holy Week. This year we will hit the streets on April 1st, 2nd and 3rd, serving at homeless shelters, taking food to those living on the street, and sharing the Good News of Christ’s death and resurrection to those we meet.
This year our Holy Week Missions activities will start at 9:00am each day and end in the evening after the liturgies at St Cecilia’s parish. Each morning and afternoon a mission will be assigned to your team at one of the sites below. All of the missionaries will be together for the liturgies each evening.
During the day, missions teams will work together at a variety of sites:
- Dallas Life Shelter: preparing meals and serving them to the homeless.
- Austin Street Shelter: preparing meals and serving them to the homeless.
- In my shoes: support work for mothers in need.
- Metrocrest food bank: sorting and handing out donations.
- Prayer vigil for the unborn at Planned Parenthood.
- Klyde Warren Park - street evangelization
- Service work at the parish (St. Cecilia's)
Every evening we will meet to participate in the Liturgy at St Cecilia's parish in Dallas.
Note: This year, due to COVID precautions, missionaries will be responsible for providing transportation and meals for their team. We won't be staying overnight, so missionaries will return home each evening.